Return to Headlines

KPS Meet Up and Eat Up Food Program Begins June 21


June 21-Aug. 13

All Sites Closed July 5

Meals are free to all children 18 and younger and to persons up to age 26, who are enrolled in an educational program for the mentally or physically disabled that is recognized by a state or local public education agency. No application or proof of income is required.

Children do not need to be present for parents to pick up meals. Food does not need to be eaten on site.

Daily Breakfast and Lunch Pick-Up, Mondays-Fridays

Eastside Association, 1301 E. Main St., 11:30 a.m.-12 p.m. Fox Ridge Apartments,1320 Fox Ridge Dr., 12:30-1 p.m. Interfaith Homes, 1037 Interfaith Blvd., 12-12:30 p.m. Milwood United Methodist, 3919 Portage St., 11-11:30 a.m. New Village Apartments, 2500 St. Albans Way, 12:30-1 p.m. South Side Park, Palmer Avenue, 11:30 a.m.-12 p.m.

5-Day Meal Pick-Up, Tuesdays Only

CEC/Community Education Center/Old Central, 714 S. Westnedge Ave. (Dutton Street entrance) 10:30 a.m.-12:30 pm.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or the USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact the USDA

through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

Additionally, program information is available in languages other than English. To file a complaint alleging discrimination, complete the USDA Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to the USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632- 9992. Submit your completed form or letter to the USDA by:

Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Ave., SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 Fax: (202) 690-7442 • Email:

Kalamazoo Public Schools Food Service Department (269) 337-0120

meet up flyer