Kalamazoo Virtual & Innovative Collaborative (KVIC)
- County-wide virtual program so students stay with the resident district. Teachers from all districts in Kalamazoo County will be teaching for the Kalamazoo Virtual and Innovative Collaborative who may or may not be a KPS teacher. Since Gull Lake teachers are already certified to teach this, the 9 districts are all starting with them first.
- Would follow a pre-built curriculum that aligns with the Kalamazoo Virtual and Innovative Collaborative student expectations
- KPS students have used Michigan Virtual courses in the past to meet a student’s needs
- K-12 students have been using this program for nearly ten years. KPS teachers will monitor the programs within the number of students enrolled as much as possible.
- Intensive parental/guardian support needed
- K-5 learning packets and material kits provided
- May offer some courses not available in KPS Virtual Learning Path.
- Advanced Placement courses are available.