Community Education and Facilities Rental
Kalamazoo Public Schools (KPS) facilities belong to the community and have the primary purpose of implementing an instruction program for all students. When possible, school facilities may be used by groups and organizations whose purposes and objectives contribute to the development of the school program or the community. (KPS Board Policy 3.11)
- District-sponsored activities, including school-related events, professional development, student groups, parent organizations, employee groups, or youth groups exclusively serving KPS students retain priority in the use of facilities.
- Building use is generally unavailable when school is not in session.
- Applicants may be requested by the school district to provide a certificate of liability and property damages insurance in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 combined single-limit coverage.
- Renters are expected to be in compliance with Facilities Use Procedures (see below).
- Organizations will receive a permit to use a KPS facility via email once final approval for use has been granted. Please have a copy of your permit with you when you are on KPS property.
Community facility requests open on Oct. 1. Please use the link above to submit a request for a facilities rental. Please make sure to fill out the form with as many details as possible to expedite the scheduling process.
If you have questions, please email Lynn Chio.