Looking for a great job?
Consider joining the KPS Transportation Team as a School Bus Driver!
Top three reasons to be a bus driver:
- As long as kids get evenings and weekends off, so will you.
- You’ll never take work home with you.
- Substitute drivers start at over $14 an hour doing what most parents do for free.
Kalamazoo Public Schools is in the process of expanding the pool of school bus drivers available to our school district. Driving a school bus is a part-time job, requiring 2-3 hours in the morning and 2-3 hours in the afternoon (180 days). In addition to the benefits listed below, bus drivers serve as important role models for the children of our community.
- Must enjoy kids
- Must have good driving record - no DUI convictions
- Must hold or be willing to obtain: a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with “P” Passenger endorsement and “S” School Bus endorsements and pass a DOT physical.
- Healthcare plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Training
All applicants are required to be fingerprinted and receive a full background check, drivers are enrolled in a mandatory drug and alcohol random testing program and receive six hours of continuing education every two years. Every applicant receives comprehensive, behind-the-wheel training to ensure that the high standards of the district are met. Kalamazoo Public Schools provides transportation for District students. In addition, we provide academic, athletic and extra-curricular trip transportation. Our #1 goal is to transport all eligible students to and from their destination in the safest and most cost-effective manner. Come join the professionals at Kalamazoo Public Schools Transportation Department!
If you are interested in applying or learning more about this opportunity please contact us at email@example.com for more information