Looking for a great job?
Consider joining the KPS Transportation Team as a School Bus Driver!
Top three reasons to be a bus driver:
- As long as kids get evenings and weekends off, so will you.
- You’ll never take work home with you.
- Substitute drivers start at over $14 an hour doing what most parents do for free.
Kalamazoo Public Schools is in the process of expanding the pool of school bus drivers available to our school district. Driving a school bus is a part-time job, requiring 2-3 hours in the morning and 2-3 hours in the afternoon (180 days). In addition to the benefits listed below, bus drivers serve as important role models for the children of our community.
- Must enjoy kids
- Must have good driving record - no DUI convictions
- Must hold or be willing to obtain: a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with “P” Passenger endorsement and “S” School Bus endorsements and pass a DOT physical.
- Healthcare plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Training
See our current Hourly Driver Pay Here and stop by our department at 1800 Ravine Road to fill out an application and introduce yourself!
All applicants are required to be fingerprinted and receive a full background check, drivers are enrolled in a mandatory drug and alcohol random testing program and receive six hours of continuing education every two years. Every applicant receives comprehensive, behind-the-wheel training to ensure that the high standards of the district are met. Kalamazoo Public Schools provides transportation for District students. In addition, we provide academic, athletic and extra-curricular trip transportation. Our #1 goal is to transport all eligible students to and from their destination in the safest and most cost-effective manner. Come join the professionals at Kalamazoo Public Schools Transportation Department!
If you are interested in applying or learning more about this opportunity please contact us at email@example.com for more information