Welcome to the web page for the Transportation Department at Kalamazoo Public Schools. It is our mission to provide safe, prompt, and effective transportation for all students at all times. We appreciate your assistance in helping us to accomplish this.
Letters with bus and bus stop information are scheduled to be mailed in late August. If you have moved, please notify your student's school and transportation at (269) 337-0500 or by e-mail at email@example.com. It is necessary to provide at least five days notice to all changes to student bus stops.
Elementary students (grades K-5) are eligible for transportation if they reside more than one mile from the school and they are attending their designated boundary school — or if they are attending a magnet school.
Secondary students (grades 6-12) are eligible for transportation if they reside more than one and one-half miles from the school and they are attending their designated boundary school — or if they are attending a magnet school.
If you choose to send your student to a school that is not a magnet school and it is located outside of their designated boundary, transportation is not provided.
Bus stop locations are assigned, where possible, to group students together at a central location. This provides a gathering place for students, and also allows parents to share the responsibility of monitoring the bus stop. Every attempt is made to ensure that no child must walk more than four-tenths of a mile (approximately four blocks) to their assigned bus stop.
Your child’s safety is our top priority. The districtwide procedure outlined below is designed to help ensure that your student arrives safely to and from school each day:
• Students may have up to 2 regularly scheduled morning pick-up locations and up to 2 regularly scheduled drop-off locations.
• Pick-up and drop-off locations must be on a set schedule. Students may only ride a bus to which they are assigned.
• Telephone calls or written notes for same-day or temporary bus assignments will not be accepted.
• If it is necessary for you to change your student’s bus assignment due to a change of address or a new childcare provider, please notify the school at least 5 days prior to the change. The school will notify you once the change has been approved.
• All times are estimated and are subject to change.
• Bus numbers are subject to change.
• Bus drivers are subject to change.
• Route times and buses often change during the school year.
• Students should be at their assigned stop, ready to board the bus 15 minutes before the scheduled stop time for the first two weeks of school.
• After the first two weeks of school, students must be at their assigned stop, ready to board the bus 10 minutes before the scheduled stop time.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your student’s transportation, please call (269) 337-0500 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terri Aman, Executive Supervisor
Kimberly Seeley, Lead Secretary
Office Hours: 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. school days.